On today's episode of Silent Presence, Marquita Myrick discusses mental health, stress and coping methods during Covid-19. She provides tips for teachers, students and especially parents during this period of time. Topics include dealing with grief and the importance of keeping open lines of communication with family and friends. Some other topics discussed are depression to managing stress and anxiety, addressing trauma, life adjustments, coping after grief and loss, motivation, self-esteem and confidence, and career related issues (especially burnout).
Marquita Myrick is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Mindset Coach and creator of the “Breaking Mindset Barriers for Professional Counselors” coaching program. She is dedicated to assisting counselors in reigniting their passion through burnout recovery and mindset transformation. By creating safe spaces for persons to heal, Marquita has assisted hundreds of individuals in improving their mental health and now focuses on supporting counselors in removing limiting beliefs that hold their passion hostage.
- 01:37 – Depression and managing stress during a pandemic
- 05:15 – Anxiety can be the “silent killer”
- 07:25 – What people can do for others who are dealing with anxiety and depression
- 11:47 – Limiting time and amount of news you’re watching
- 13:50 – Why you should listen to Silent Presence Podcast during this time
- 15:00 – Setting boundaries when dealing with times like this
- 17:32 – Now is a perfect time to practice personal development
- 21:45 – Healthcare issues during Covid-19
- 23:14 – Pay attention to others who may be suffering from depression and anxiety
- 26:00 – How to best deal with children during this time. Connecting with classmates
- 29:26 – Focus on the positive. More family time, family dinners, spending time with one another
- 32:01 – Using zoom and other forms of social media to stay connected to family and friends
- 33:50 – Loss and moving forward. Job loss included
- 37:05 – There are different types of grief
- 39:16 – Homeschooling, parenting, teaching at this time
- 43:13 – Not everyone handles times like this the same way
- 44:34 – Marquita Myrick talks about being a Mindset Coach and dealing with burnout
- 45:50 - The Freedom-Craving Woman's Guide to Burnout Recovery: 5 Signs Blocking Your Healing"
Marquita Myrick can be reached:
Link to "The Freedom-Craving Woman's Guide to Burnout Recovery: 5 Signs Blocking Your Healing": http://www.marquitamyrick.com/recovery/